What is a good cat food that doesnt cost a whole lot?

Willia

I currently feed my 3 cats GoodLife because I read somewhere that it doesnt make their poop smell horrible but Im not sure if its really all that healthy for them. Id like to give them a decent quality cat food but one that doesnt cost a lot.



Mitzi

GoodLife is not healthy for them, no. Two of the most affordable of the higher quality foods would be Chicken Soup for the Cat Lovers Soul and Felidae. If you cant find a food, most of the high quality cat food brands have websites with store locators on them that will help you find the store closest to you which supplies their products. Simply type the cat food brands name into Google, go to their website, and type your zip code into their store locator. Remember that foods should be switched gradually (mixing the new slowly in with the old over the period of about week or so), especially when switching to a higher quality one, so as not to upset tummies. For example:Days 1 2: 75% old food, 25% new foodDays 3 4: 50% old food, 50% new foodDays 5 6: 25% old food, 75% new foodDay 7: 0% old food, 100% new foodDarksong~



Marketta

I agree that Good Life is not a good quality food to feed your kitties. It has too many fillers and not enough good protein. I personally chose Blue Buffalo for my cat. I love that it has no corn, soy or wheat. It has a good amount of protein and is not too much more expensive (I pay $10 for a 3.5 pound bag). As far as smelly poop, my cat could probably win the contest (she has gas that can clear a room). Shes had it her entire life regardless of what I feed her. So I dont think its the food, but just so you know, her poop might smell horrible because of Blue Buffalo.



Karma

Read the label. You want one that is made from meat and meat byproducts. with as little corn and other grain as you can get.



Leon

Try Whiskas or Saborvida



Deangelo

Science diet costs about 69 cents per can