What can i do to keep ants from getting into cat food?

Brandon

I am moving to a new house and i am bringing two of my cats with me. They are already outside cats and do fine because their cat food is in the garage. they have a cat door to go through. but whenever i move to my new house there wont be a cat door, so what can i do to keep the ants from getting into it whenever its outiside? Thank you soo much for all you help.



Bernetta

Hi I heard that there is a bowl with a large rim around the bowl that can hold water. This should stop the ants getting to the food. I havent tried it but I think this should work, good luck.



Efrain

Ants hate sticky stuff, so I took a coffee can and put double sided tape around it. Put the cat food on top and when the ants try to crawl up to the food they get stuck or dont even bother trying to get the food.



Gene

By Some Ant Spray, PUT IT NEAR THE FOODD, BUT NOT ON IT THOUGH



Augustina

You can buy cat and dog bowls that have like a lip around it that you fill with water so that ants cant get in to it then the food stays safe try ur local pet shophope this helps



Bonny

Keep the cat food in the fridge and only feed your cats as much as they can eat in 10 mins. Or feed your cats on a table and stand each of the table legs in a little dish of water.



Caleb

Just cover up the food until the cats bother you for it. You dont have to go buying useless things that cost a lot.



Dorathy

Sprinkle the spice Cinnamon around the cat food bowls. This is a barrier that ants will not cross, I guess they dont like cinnamon. This is something I use in other areas also where poison spray is not recommended, like my kitchen counter. I live in the country, and every summer we have ants - guaranteed!