What cat food is your favourite for your cats?

Josiah

My cat has used Purina One (which is a bit expensive for my budget, my store sells them in such small bags.) Salmon flav., but lately she only eats if i combine wet food or small amounts of her favourite tuna/salmon. is it good to switch up brands to see if she will take to them better? what kinds do you use? just dry or just wet or both?



Graig

Nutro for dry food, and Friskies canned food.



Kami

Whiskas they sometimes come in can most of the time come in purple boxes (mostly) and my kitty is 4 he loves it as a treat.



Andree

My spoiled little american shorthaired loves g. whiskers. she wont eat anything else



Ellis

My cat also eats Purina One chicken flavor. You can switch foods but do it slowly, adding a little bit of the new food to old food, then increase the amount of new food and decrease the amount of old food. Over a 7-14 day period. Just to be sure that your cat has enough time to adjust to the new food. I use dry only. Good brands are Iams, Hills Science Diet



Barbara

Mine love solid gold. Its not all that much more then purina and they eat a lot less of it, so it ends up costing about the same. http://www. solidgoldhealth. com/



Julieta

I feed my cats wet food at night and dry food in the morning. its good not to feed them just dry or just wet. my cats like Whiskas wet food, which comes in small individual packets, its their fav. and comes in diff. flavors.



Fay

Your cat is smart! Dry food will never be allowed in my house as I learned from my cat getting diabetes the damage it can do. I do understand budgetary concerns but if you could afford it, canned with out gravy is better then any dry out there! Read the ingrediants on your label! Is the first ingrediant muscle meat? http://www. catinfo. org/



Jann

You can switch brands as long as you do a slow, roughly 10 day, switch mixing your old food with the new food. My cats prefer Authority Lite/Hairball control dry food. Its the ONLY brand that my oldest will eat. They get a small amount of the dry food in the morning and a small can each of Pro Plan canned food at night. Wet food is important because it adds water to their diet. My oldest doesnt drink alot and had litterbox issues due to being dehydrated. Once I started giving him some wet food daily, the "issues" stopped.



Bernard

Ive had to switch off of Purina One also because it was just too expensive but my cats seem to like Kit N Kaboodle and Cat Chow Indoor Cat Formula. The problem though is if you have a male cat you need to make sure its something ok for the urinary tract.



Fonda

My cats love Kit N Kaboodle! Ocasionally, as a treat, they get wet food. And they love the Gwhiskers cat treats.



Johana

An inexpensive canned food of ANY kind is probably better for your cat than even a more expensive dry food. I dont trust the health of my cats to just one company, so I usually offer a combination of three. You wont like most of the brands I buy because they are pricey, however Ive used canned Friskies forever as part of the mix with good results. Your cat is smart to prefer canned food. Offering her a mix of food -- IF it is tolerated -- may be a smart way of ensuring that she gets all of the nutritian she needs. I dont think any one company has "the answer" about how to feed cats prepared foods. This springs pet food recalls proved to me that even the priciest pet food can be junk... or poison. Whatever you decide, go VERY VERY slow with the changeover or in the offering of another brand.



Meg

Purina Cat chow complete