What is the best dry cat food on the market?

Esther

In two weeks I will be getting a Persian Kitten. What is the best kitten food on the market to feed her? And what is also the best Adult cat food on the market? I preferbaly like to shop at PetSmart, if that helps. thanks.



Ami

NEVER feed Purina, Science Diet, or Iams. Read "Food Pets Die For" by Ann N. Martin for more information. Great foods are Innova, California Natural, Wellness, Felidae and Artemis.



Haywood

It depends on who you ask. PetsMart definitely does not have good brands, if you are looking for the absolute best you can get. If you want a really good brand and are willing to go somewhere other than PetsMart, try Felidae. You can find it at feed stores. You can also get Natural Balance at PetCo, which is what I use and my cat does very well on it. If you are determined to stick with PetsMart, I think the best youll be able to get is Eukanuba or Blue Buffalo (I prefer Blue Buffalo).If you want any other information, email me. I know a lot about these kinds of things :]goaskjesus@hotmail. com



Damaris

WHICH EVER ONE YOUR KITTEN TAKES A LIKING TO



Candice

The best are Innova, Innova EVO, Wellness, California Natural, Wysong. Next would be Felidae, Chicken Soup, Katz-N-Flocken, Taste of the Wild. Third, Science Diet, Iams, Nutro, and I dont ever recommend any of them in cat food - Nutro makes a decent dog kibble. Lastly, anything that sells in the grocery store (Purina, Meow Mix, Kitnkaboodle, etc.) - they are just waste and leftover junk (like ground up chicken entrails, feet, beaks, etc.) - not suitable for even hog slop. Even the foods in the "organic" section of the grocery store are bad, like Newmans - it has alot of corn in it. The best foods contain no grains, are high in protein and fats, and digest much better making for less poop. The worst contain corn and wheat, used as fillers, making alot of poop (since its not getting digested).You should pick a food that has meat - at least 4 of the first 5 ingredients listed should be meat. Stay away from any foods with corn or wheat in the first 5 ingredients. I have a few customers that have fed the Wellness, or the Innova foods for over 5 years now, and not a single vet bill (except normal shots) - but they are pricey (about $18 per 5lb bag). The Chicken Soup, Felidae, Katz-N-Flocken, and Taste of the Wild are all great foods for the money - not the absolute best, but good nutritional holistic grain free foods, with a price tag that is acceptable (at about $10 per 6 lbs.).Alot of vets recommend Science Diet to everyone, but why? Science Diet is wholly owned by the Hill family, and the Hills Foundation pays for many college educations at vet schools - in return the vets agree to recommend their food, although its far from "good quality".Do your cat, your litterbox, and your wallet a favor - stick to better foods.



Susana

As an owner of a six year old tortishell Persian cat named Fluff I would recommend Deli Cat by Purina it’s all my cat will eat. It comes in a clear plastic jar like container that really helps to seal in the freshness much easier than a bag or box of regular cat food. Also your cat will think this cat food is treats because it has three different flavors all within this one cat food (fish, turkey and liver). Deli cat is also 100% complete balanced nutrition. My cat loves anything with liver in it. I use to buy my Persian cat Royal Canin Persian 30 dry cat food. This cat food is made especially for Persian cats and only available at Pet Store such at Petco. The Royal Persian 30 has hairball control, adds shine to their coat and helps boost their immune system. My cat did not like this cat food as much as the Deli Cat and I do not live near a Petco so it was hard for me to get this cat food as often as I needed, not to mention Royal Persian 30 is about three times as much as the Purina Deli Cat ($5.00 at Wall-Mart/Target or any grocery store). I can just grab Deli Cat while I’m picking up my other daily necessities and not have to make a special stop just for cat food. I also would recommend feeding your cat dry cat food vs. wet/canned cat food. I have had horrible experiences with wet cat food giving my cat diarrhea. You will have to try out several different cat foods to find the one that your cat loves the most. I also leave out my cats food all day and night let her eat as she wishes. She almost eats an entire small bowl of Purina Deli Cat food a day and she’s only weighs about 5 lbs. so she really loves this stuff! Don’t forget that cats that eat dry cat food also needs lots of fresh clean water to drink.



Neta

Taste of the Wild has a formula for cats that is supposed to be very goodhttp://tasteofthewildpetfood. com/product…



Alison

Purina one