Is it okay to leave wet canned cat food on the counter covered room temperature for 1 day and not refrigerate?

Ariana

My cat does not like the canned food when I put it in the fridge as it dries out I think, and she HATES it microwaved. She likes it fresh out of the can. I have just started covering it on the counter for the day and giving it over time during the day and she loves the consistency. So, its out like that, but covered, for maybe 12 - 14 hours. Has anyone else done that long term with success? Anyone have any problems trying that?



Eladia

I do that everyday. My cat only gets a half a tub of wet food a day (a long with his dry food) and rather then putting it in the fridge (he also hates that) I just put it in a plastic bag and set it up on my window. I have never had any problems in the year that I have been feeding him this way. I think the meat in the wet cat food is so processed its not going to go bad over night or else its just that cats have a fantastic digestive system and it doesnt bother them, I know two cats that eat like that, one is a female and she is 15 years old and the other is a male and he is a year. So I would say dont worry and keep doing what the cat prefers.



Ashley

Yes I do it all the time. I just wouldnt do it for more than a day.



Shavon

No, its meat. 3 hrs max otherwise it starts growing bacteria. Maybe nothing would happen to the cat but it could, and they could feel sick, its not worth it.



Catrina

Throw it to the rubbish, it is unhealthy... get a catfood from pet shop.... and ask them what they recommend you



Dwain

If you left it out where i live it would be gone the next day.



Georgiana

I wouldnt recommend it. The canned cat food contains meat (most of them anyways lol) and the meat NEEDS to be refridgerated. If you dont refridgerate, your cat can get sick from eating bad meat. Try using very small cans of food instead of larger ones.



Cyndi

Give it a smell then decide. it should be fine as long as it doesnt got too hot.



Coreen

Cover it and put it in the fridge. Dont let it sit out at room temp, that lets the bacteria breed, and can cause your animal to get the runs.



Melia

Provided its not too warm in the room its usually ok. Or put in a cooler place at the back of a cupboard. Your cat will let you know if somethings wrong with it. Mine does.



Halina

Yes, I leave the can out until the cat finishes it. If it goes bad they wont eat it, I usually stir it up thoughtout the day. I throw it out after 2 days.



Lovie

Hi from France ♫Naaah.. Its not ok!.. Just leave the canned food 1 or 2 hours before your cat eat it, you put it straight in the plate too... Have a nice day, Cat ( no no, Im not a real cat! )...



Jamie

Yeah