Why are cats and cat food so much cheaper than dog stuff?

Arlette

All cat food and purchasing cats are so cheap compared to dogs. why? arent both as precious?



Isela

I think its all just a matter of which brands you are looking at. I have a friend who keeps a really large dog who buys them by those huge bags. I think they are 20lbs. I have two ragdolls cats and I can safely assure you Im spending more than him just on catfood alone. Ive seen catfood on the shelves at the supermarkets that are extremely cheap as well but they are really not recommended for your pets. (I shall not list names here)..



Alberta

Because there is more crap in them



Karolyn

All animals are very precious. Cats eat a lot less than dogs so easier to keep cost down, but it depends on the brands of food you are using, too. A big dog can eat a lot so cost is more just in that regards. Anyway, just know they are all worth every penny spent.