Can you feed a 2 year old cat senior cat food?

Hermelinda

I already have an older cat that is eating the senior cat food, and will be adopting a 2 year old cat soon. Is there a food that is good for both senior and younger indoor cats? Thanks for any advice!



Leatrice

I have 12 cats that range in age from 5 years to 17 years........and I feed BOTH adult senior foods to them. I have bowls of senior set around in different places in my home, and adult food where my younger cats can eat it. They seem to do okay with this arrangement. Sometimes the younger cats will eat some of the senior food, but mostly they eat what theyre SUPPOSED to be eating....the "healthy weight" adult food. Hope this helps.......good luck.



Beatriz

As usual this is a question for your vet. But here goes, unless your senior cat has special needs. i.e. kidney trouble etc. They can both benefit from a good brand of cat food, one that has no wheat or corn or gluten. Blue Buffalo, Wellness, ScienceDiet and RoyalCanin, even Iams is a good brand. I hope their diet includes wet food too, especially for the senior. An all dry diet can contribute to health problems for all cats, but especially older ones.



Charlie

I also have a senior cat (19+ yrs) and a 2 yr old (stray). If I were you, I would buy a good, quality cat food and feed it to both. I use Wellness, Eagle Pack, and Natural Balance. (I mix the EP and NB). Hasnt hurt my cats yet!! :}



Kasi

You can, but it wouldnt be best for them. Senior cat food directly targets the needs of elderly cats, so it wouldnt be very useful to a 2 year old cat.



Adalberto

They have cat food for indoor cats. Go to the pet store or ask your vet. I feed my cat friskies indoor