I leave cat food out from friday to sunday each week and the possums raccoons eat it how do i stop them?

Erik

I cannot take my two cats with me each weekend, so I must leave them home with a bowl of cat food. There are two possums and one raccoon that eat the entire cat feeder in one night leaving my cats without food for the rest of the weekend. How can I stop these critters? I cannot come home at night to take in the food. What do I do?



Arnette

Feed them inside.



Nickolas

The one that worked was the radio in the garage with a bright light on. It worked perfectly after I got my timid cat to get use to the radio talking. When I returned home, the feeder was only down 1/4 of the way as it usually is for the two cats. Thank you to whomever suggested this!!



Edmond

Leave your cats inside for the weekend. From Friday to Sunday, they will be fine indoors with water, food, and kitty litter.



Anitra

You shouldnt be leaving your cats unattended for the whole weekend, how about asking a neighbour to pop in and feed them, alternatively, keep them in at the weekend, provide a litter tray and plenty of food and water. Other than that, alter your weekend routine.



Renita

Unless you leave the cats inside with a litter box and food and water the racoons and possums will continue to eat the food and leave your cats hungry. Why are your cats left out all weekend anyway? Thats a sure fire way to get them attacked, killed or hit by a car, they would be safer if left indoors. I used to leave my cats on my patio that was screened in, they had shelter, bed, food, water and a litterbox I put up a lattice screen along the lower half of the screened in porch and screwed it in so racoons couldnt rip the screen and come in and my cats couldnt get out.



Duane

Well, buy a dog. Dog will eat raccoon lmao!



Janette

Keep your kitty cats inside with lots of kitty litter and water and food. As fo those possums and the racoon. electric fence em! (or just buy a shotgun or something)



Jerold

Retrain your cats to be inside cats or retrain your self to stay at home with them.



Iluminada

Try to set a trap and catch it of when it takes it shoot it with a be be gun or shotgun or rifle