How much tinned cat food per cat per day?

Katheryn

Ive recently changed my cats over to wet food, but they are eating me out of house and home. They are quite capable of eating a tin of Whiskas (14oz/200g) EACH per day. A friend mentioned this morning that her cat gets half that, and I was originally giving them 1 tin between them per day. So are they leading me up the garden path when they tell me they are hungry?



Carmel

I give my cat a half a tin each morning, and then put out dry food for the rest of the day. That way if shes really hungry shell eat the crunchy stuff thats good for her teeth but she gets a little treat to start her day.



Arlena

Well my 2 young cats go out doors during the day and are very active at night indoors too. they eat 2 (100grams per pot ) pots of sheba each (one in the morning and one in the evening ) but my 3rd cat is overweight and only gets 1 pot per day split into 2 meals there is also dry food left out all day for nibblingwet cat food is very tasty to cats more so than real meat and they probably would eat a lot more if i let them btw whiskas isnt a very good brand, try hi life or sheba if your in the UK



Danae

No a tin each is fine like for morning and evening, but if they are hungry between meals give them biscuits and buy cheaper brands.



Belia

The average cat should get 6 oz of wet food a day.