Allergy to purina one cat food




Let's have a cat food poll!? | Fast Food Reviews
Mine do best (and I've tried many) on Purina One for Senior Cat and Vitality. (I look for anything with rice) I always have dry food down for them and they get wet food in the morning. Friskies has out a new line of wet food that combines veggies with the meat. there is .... Why I prohibit one cat from dry were a past history or urinary problems, and suddenly he seemed to develop an allergy wherein he vomited within minutes after even consuming a couple of kernels dry. ...
New Target Printable Coupons! | LubbockCouponGal
Mio liquid water enhancer $1 off 3.15-lb. or larger select Purina dry cat food $1 off 3.5-lb. or larger Purina ONE dry cat or dog food $2 off 4.5-lb. Chef Michaels dry dog food $1 off 16-ct. or larger U by Kotex feminine care item ... $1 off Allegra children's allergy relief item $1 off 4.7-oz. Tom's of Maine Simply White toothpaste $2 off 5-ct. or larger adults' Allegra allergy relief item 50Вў off Method cleaning item $1 off With purchase of two Green Works cleaning ...
Shaw's Weekly Ad 4/1~4/7
Purina ONE beyOnd Cat Food 16 oz. $2.97, use $3.00/1 Purina One Brand BeyOnd Dry Cat Food 16 oz Carton FREE (up to $3) or save $3 on one Purina BeyOnd Dry Cat Food any Size /Variety in the 3/13 SS (exp. 4/12/11) = FREE! ...
New Target Coupons!
Mio liquid water enhancer $1 off 3.15-lb. or larger select Purina dry cat food $1 off 3.5-lb. or larger Purina ONE dry cat or dog food $2 off 4.5-lb. Chef Michaels dry dog food $1 off 16-ct. or larger U by Kotex feminine care item ... $1 off Allegra children's allergy relief item $1 off 4.7-oz. Tom's of Maine Simply White toothpaste $2 off 5-ct. or larger adults' Allegra allergy relief item 50Вў off Method cleaning item $1 off With purchase of two Green Works cleaning ...
How much canned food should I feed my cat? | Healthy Eating
My cats eat dry food………..Purina One Adult 7+, as well as Purina One Adult Chicken. The ONLY cat in my domicile which gets soppy food is my diabetic male. He gets a canned ( 1 can, divided, per day ), so which we can be SURE he cooking ...
Shaw's Deals 4/2 - 4/7
Purina ONE beyOnd Cat Food 16 oz. $2.97, use $3.00/1 Purina One Brand BeyOnd Dry Cat Food 16 oz Carton FREE (up to $3) or save $3 on one Purina BeyOnd Dry Cat Food any Size /Variety in the 3/13 SS (exp. 4/12/11) = FREE! ...
Great Deals on Tena, Friskies and Allergy Meds at Rite Aid! | The ...
Friskies Cat Food $0.40. Buy 10, Receive $1.00 +Up Reward $1.00/15 Purina Friskies Canned Cat Food, 5.5 oz. cans from SS 2/13 $1.00/15 Purina Friskies Canned Cat Food, 5.5 oz. cans from SS 1/16 $1.00/15 Purina Friskies Canned Cat Food, ...
Diabetic Cat Food
Purina DM Feline (Purina pet food is owned by NestlГ© PurinaВ®/Friskies who I am told conduct animal testing. This may colour your assessment in respect of buying this cat food. Royal Canin Diabetic DS 44. Science Diet m/d Feline. ... The basic principle is to divide the cat's calorific use by the calories in the food. The figure should be more than 1. Diabetic cat food should be provided in more than one meal to avoid high blood sugar levels after eating. ...
Frugal Fairhope В» Target Printable Coupons 4/4
$1 off 3.15-lb. or larger select Purina dry cat food Target 5/7 NEW $1 off 3.5-lb. or larger Purina ONE dry cat or dog food Target 5/7 NEW $1 off when you buy three packages of IdahoanВ® Flavored Potatoes Manufacture 5/4 NEW $1 off 4-pk. Kashi GoLean bars or rolls Target 5/7 .... $4 off Zyrtec allergy relief item Target 4/30 NEW $2 off 8-ct. or larger Dulcolax digestive care item Target 5/10 NEW $1 off 20-ct. or larger adults' Benadryl allergy relief item Target 4/30 NEW ...
How much cat food and litter?
My cat has had skin problems for a while, and vet and I want to try and change his diet to see if it makes any difference. He's currently on Felix/Whiskas dry and wet. Vet adviced Sc Hill's DD prescription diet (I think it's the DD !) specially formulated for cats prone to food allergies. Now I have read Ken's advice and other people's, in old questions + one of my own more recently, and it's all a bit scary, I've seen lots of bad reports about Hills. But the thing is, I'm in Ireland, and apart from supermarket foods, Hills and maybe Purina (have seen the name), seem to be the only other foods available. Not sure, I might have seen Iams (at a different vets).I've just had a look at the Wellness site, and Europe is not even mentioned there. I'm going to try the Hill's food for a while, just to see if there is an improvement. Anyone fed their cats the (food) skin allergies prescription Hills ? Was it ok? Any ideas of what healthier foods might be available here in Ireland otherwise ? I was looking at a prospectus for an Irish made food, supposedly "natural, and healthy", at the vets, and it was full of corn again. I have inspected all cat food I could find in supermarkets, pet shops, and all have corn/cereals, and none that would fit Ken's description of a good food (muscle meat).I'm a working mum with a baby and a 4yo, and gone all day, so I don't think I could do the raw meat diet, just wouldn't be feasible in my situation. Any suggestions ? Anything available online *worldwide*?Even other brand names to look out for would be good. Thanks! We were going to do the skin scrape, but every thing cleared, and he only has 2 little crusts right now, so rather than put in a stitch at this stage (for scrape), we're trying to treat it. Feral thanks for really useful info, I actually suggested the diet change, not the vet, but she agreed. We've tried (and are again trying another course) anti-histamines and oral treatment for ringworms, and my cat is treated for fleas and worms on a very regular basis (he's a great hunter!).He had pretty bad scabs at one stage, they all cleared after various treatments, but we still can't pinpoint which did it, if any. One little scab coming back so want to get it before it spreads again !

Switching my cat to Sc. Hill's prescription food ?
I took my cat to the vet over a month ago because she was going back and forth into the litter box and peeing only a small amount like every five minutes. The vet took x-rays and ruled out bladder stones, kidney stones and etc. But she had no idea what was causing this and asked me if i thought it was a UTI...i thought it might be, she did not ask for a urine sample. She perscribed clavomox, she took it for two weeks and urinated normally in the box. She finished it and in about a week was doing the same thing, she was now peeing on my couch. I called the vet again, and a different vet said he wanted to try amoxicillin and if it didn't work, to bring in a urine sample to rule out crystals. So i gave her 3 ml of 250mg of amoxicillin for two weeks(she's a big cat-14 lbs) and while she was on it she was okay again, except that toward the middle of it, she started to get pink skin on her temples and then sores and bumps that got worse. I took her back to the vet after i was finished the amoxicillin and the vet did a skin scrape and said no mange, no fleas. She thought some kind of skin allergy but she said she is not likely to be allergic to amoxicillin, i think shes wrong because it happened when she went on it. I did change her food during this whole thing but it was still purina one, only it is the one for urinary tract health. Anyway, the vet gave her a fast acting steroid shot and told me to give her benedryl for a few days to see if it clears up. She said she couldnt give her a long acting steroid shot because she wanted to make sure the UTI was gone. So we did a urine sample...no crystals but a lot of bacteria(which i dont know why the other antibiotics didnt work) so she perscribed baytril...and said to do the benedryl. Her skin is looking much better...it hasnt gotten worse and she's still eating the purina one urinary tract health food. So i'm thinking she was allergic to amoxicillin? Any suggestions? Does anyone know if baytril is good to cure UTI's? and i was wondering if her bacteria in her urine has anything to do with the skin sores? Do u think the baytril is clearing up the skin too? or is it just the benedryl? i forgot to say, that my cat is on a wet food diet, she only gets the dry to pick on as a snack, because my other cats eat wet also but one of them likes to eat the dry more, so she gets plenty of water.

Can my cat be allergic to amoxicillin?
Hello. I am a first time cat owner and have 2 cats for about 2 months now. One is 7-month male and the other is 8-month female. I have been feeding them different brands of dry cat foods until just recently realizing that it's a very bad thing to do. But they didn't seem to have any problem before when they were on Nutro, Nature's Best, and then Purina One. (Only once the girl threw up but I suspected it was just eating too fast.) Then couple of weeks ago I started feeding them with IAMS dry food for kittens and the stuff sucked big time. I have read some bad reviews about it but didn't mind trying it but I seriously regret now. The cats started having really really smelly soft poos and for the past week, one of them (or both) has thrown up twice. (I am not home during the day so it's a little hard to tell who threw up.) I knew the little girl is picky on her food, she would stop after a few bites and crouched on the floor for a bit before going back to her plate, but the poo/puke problem didn't happen with the other brands. There was also crazy shedding recently. So I decided that I must change again. Couple days ago, I starting feeding them Wellness Kitten Health dry food mixed with tiny portion of IAMS, with occasional Fancy Feast wet food. They both loved the new diet, especially the girl. But one threw up again today and not much improvement on the poos. I am gonna stop giving food for a day and then start slow with only Wellness to see if that's gonna improve. My question is how long would it take for the cats to adapt to their new diet? The Wellness may be too nutritious and hard for them, but I really do not want to give them the IAMS again. They are active, drink, eat and play just like normal. Just the diet change concerns me a little. Could the IAMS give them any allergies or other illness I should be aware of? Any help greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Changing cat's diet ...?
I set out to do research to give my two dogs good food. I had like so many other people bought into the commercial brand foods like Purina, Eukanuba, and Pedigree. Well after doing research on the different brands i have found shocking truths about foods from grocery stores. Like putting dead dogs and cats that had been put to sleep with lethal injections and road kill animals along with MANY other terrible things that are put into our pets food that can kill them. I have also found out the 87% of dogs die due to bad commercial foods. Either by lack of nutrition, cancers, or other things that are in our pets foods. I am so glad that I found this info out and I will be throwing out my Purina food and go out and buy some Blue Buffalo since it is the best food I can find near me. I will be buying Blue Buffalo Senior since my Pom is 9 and my Dachshund is 7. My Dachshund had bad problems with skin allergies and now I have found out that it is due to bad food. I know that a lot of people don't want to switch to a brand like Blue Buffalo because it is more money. But in all reality it isn't. I did the research you can get a 30lb bag of Blue Buffalo Adult dog food for $42.99 and you can get a 8lb bag of Purina one adult dog food for $12.99 so if you bought 4 bags to make it up too 32lb since it wouldn't add up too 30lb it would cost you $49.00. Blue Buffalo is roughly the same price! Plus since you are feeding a better dog food you dog will not eat as much as he would normally. His coat will be shinier, his stool will be smaller, his breathe will be better. He will not die from chemicals and waste. I used to think that the people on here getting on to people telling them that their dogs food was crap was annoying but I want to thank them for that because it got me to want to check out why they were saying that. So everyone on here that says get off of the crappy food THANK YOU! And for a QUESTION can you give me success stories from your own dogs that have gained a better life from switching from a bad food to a good food? Here is an imformative video-http://www. secretdogvideo. com/dfc. htmThis too-http://www. thedogfoodconspiracy. com/dog-food-secrets. phpWhere does your dog food stack up? http://www. bluebuff. com/sample/true-blue-results. php

A MUST READ FOR ALL DOG OWNERS ABOUT FOOD!?
I set out to do research to give my two dogs good food. I had like so many other people bought into the commercial brand foods like Purina, Eukanuba, and Pedigree. Well after doing research on the different brands i have found shocking truths about foods from grocery stores. Like putting dead dogs and cats that had been put to sleep with lethal injections and road kill animals along with MANY other terrible things that are put into our pets food that can kill them. I have also found out the 87% of dogs die due to bad commercial foods. Either by lack of nutrition, cancers, or other things that are in our pets foods. I am so glad that I found this info out and I will be throwing out my Purina food and go out and buy some Blue Buffalo since it is the best food I can find near me. I will be buying Blue Buffalo Senior since my Pom is 9 and my Dachshund is 7. My Dachshund had bad problems with skin allergies and now I have found out that it is due to bad food. I know that a lot of people don't want to switch to a brand like Blue Buffalo because it is more money. But in all reality it isn't. I did the research you can get a 30lb bag of Blue Buffalo Adult dog food for $42.99 and you can get a 8lb bag of Purina one adult dog food for $12.99 so if you bought 4 bags to make it up too 32lb since it wouldn't add up too 30lb it would cost you $49.00. Blue Buffalo is roughfly the same price! Plus since you are feeding a better dog food you dog will not eat as much as he would normally. His coat will be shinier, his stool will be smaller, his breathe will be better. He will not die from chemicals and waste. I used to think that the people on here getting on to people telling them that their dogs food was crap was annoying but I want to thank them for that because it got me to want to check out why they were saying that. So everyone on here that says get off of the crappy food THANK YOU! And for a question can you give me success stories from your own dogs that have gained a better life from switching from a bad food to a good food? Here is a good link for peaple wanting to know about the affect commercial food is having on their pets-http://www. thedogfoodconspiracy. com/dog-food-secrets. php? hop=laurens10Here is a food comparison. Where does your dogs food stack up? http://www. bluebuff. com/sample/true-blue-results. phpHere is another good link-http://www. healthypetnet. com/HealthyPetNet/Products/LifesAbundance/DogFoodCompare. aspx? realname=40088008&cat=0&hdr=&Ath=False

A MUST READ FOR ALL DOG OWNERS!?
I've noticed that so many more people in the cat section feed low quality cat foods whereas in the dog section many more people are aware of what they are feeding their dogs. In the dog section, if someone asks a pet food question, there's like ten people in there explaining about higher quality dog foods. In the cat section, it feels like I'm alone with another two or three people while all the other answerers are recommending low quality foods like Meow Mix, Purina, Iams etc. and recommending feeding dry instead of wet. My cat food writeup:Not all pet food is made equally. A lot of it is full of corn, by-products, dyes, unhealthy preservatives, filler grains and all sorts of nasty stuff. A lot of pet food companies are perfectly happy to the dump cheap leftovers and things that aren't safe for human consumption (from human food processing plants) into their foods. Will it kill your cat? No, it has to be nutritionally complete and safe to even be marketed. Is it healthy? Not by a long shot. Corn is a low quality ingredient you never want to see in your pet food. Corn and low quality grains are two of the biggest culprits when it comes to food allergies in our pets. Thankfully, there are some excellent cat foods being made these days that include organic, human grade ingredients rather than trash not fit for human consumption. Examples of low quality foods to avoid: Anything you can find in a grocery store will be low end, Purina, Iams, Eukanuba, Science Diet, Royal Canin, Whiskas, Fancy Feast, Friskies, Meow Mix. Examples of high quality foods to look for: Innova, Wellness, Solid Gold, Felidae, Fromm Four Star, Merrick, GO Natural, Nature's Variety Prairie, Nature's Logic, Artemis Fresh Mix, Timber Wolf Organics. Although the high quality foods are more expensive, you're getting what you're paying for. Less filler material means more concentrated nutrients... this means you typically need to feed far less of the high quality food than you would of the low quality one. Which also means less poop! Before following your vet's food recommendation, keep in mind that vets get /very/ little nutritional training during their schooling. Besides that, what training they /do/ get is usually sponsored or taught by the crappy pet food companies! They also often get paid to sell some of their products at their clinics (Science Diet, Royal Canin etc.)A great option is to go with an entirely grainless diet. Diets high in grain have been attributed to problems with diabetes in cats. Cats are obligate carnivores, so why should there be grain in their diet? Many of the high quality foods now put out grainless formulas. Some good grainless diets include: Innova EVO, Wellness CORE, Blue Wilderness, Nature's Variety Instinct, Orijen, Horizon Legacy, Merrick Before Grain, Fromm Surf & Turf, Now!, and Sold Gold Indigo Moon, Taste of the Wild. Some pretty decent foods can even be found in common pet stores. Petsmart carries Blue Buffalo products (such as the excellent grain free diet Blue Wilderness). Petco carries Wellness, Solid Gold, Natural Balance, Eagle Pack Holistic, Blue Buffalo, Castor & Pollux Organix, Pinnacle, and Halo. If you can't find a food, most of the high quality food brands have websites with store locators on them. Another option, if you can't find anywhere around you that sells good foods, is to order your pet food online. Here's an excellent place to do so: http://www. petfooddirect. com/store/Remember that foods should be switched gradually (mixing new slowly in with the old over about a two week period), especially when switching to a higher quality one, so as not to upset tummies. Another option for feeding cats is to feed raw. This is something that should be thoroughly researched before being attempted:http://www. barfworld. com/http://www. rawfedcats. org/http://www. rawfed. com/http://www. wysong. net/controversies/rawmeat. shtmlNow the question is, do you feed wet or dry? Wet is the correct answer. The reason is, in the wild, cats normally get most of their water content directly from their prey items and drink very little. Domestic cats are no different, and because of the fact that they are designed to take in water with their meal, they have a very low thirst drive. Cats often just don't drink enough. This leads to urinary tract infections and crystals. The bit about dry food being better for teeth is a myth and has not been proven in the least (cats barely even chew their dry food and, really, does a pretzel clean /your/ teeth? Cats should have their teeth brushed with cat toothbrushes and cat toothpaste at least a few times a week as well as see the vet for dental cleanings when necessary /regardless/ of what they are being fed). Canned/wet food is better because it more closely mimics the cat's natural diet. More on why canned food is best:http://www. catinfo. org/ (Excellent cat nutrition information by a vet)http://cats. about. com/cs/catfood/a/cannBlah. Question cut off. http://cats. about. com/cs/catfood/a/canned_food. htmhttp://www. littlebigcat. com/index. php? action=library&act=show&item=whycatsneedcannedfoodhttp://www. felinefuture. com/nutrition/bpo_ch4.phpAnother option to get cats to drink more would be a cat fountain. Cats tend to like to drink from running water and cat fountains see to that need, encouraging cats to take in more water. More:http://www. dogfoodanalysis. com/dog_food_reviews/ (Dog food reviews. It's for dogs, but most of the high quality brands also put out excellent cat foods. Four stars is a decent food, five stars is a great food, and six stars is an excellent food.)I guess my question is, why do cat owners seem so far behind in terms of cat nutrition? Another question, does my write up change your view on what you're feeding your cat at all? Really? So you think I should type all that up every single time I want to answer a question? I may be copy pasting but I'm copy pasting /my own words/, it's not like I'm copy pasting something from another website. It's /insanely/ frustrating JC, you're right. It drives me bonkers! Thank you, Ken, it makes me feel better to think we are starting to make a difference :)Brian, I do include some links for raw feeding but I don't know much about it myself so I kind of just left it up to the individual owner to follow the links and educate themselves. I only know that it's an excellent diet option when done correctly :)

High/low quality cat foods?
We've had our new Sphynx cat, Maggie, for a couple months now. She's a retired breeder who couldn't breed well enough to be a successful breeder. She didn't have enough kittens, and it was difficult for her to get pregnant. Because it would be unfair to have her struggle as a breeder, she was spayed and given to us as a pet. She's very lovely, super sweet, and a total cuddle kitty. However, about a week after we got her she started to have chronic diarrhea. After determining it was more serious than just stress from moving, we brought a sample into the vet. They found excess bacteria and giardia (no one knows how she got it - our cat is a healthy, indoor cat, and the breeder's cats were indoors too). So, she went on 0.3cc's METRONIDAZOLE twice a day for a week. That didn't work. After that, we tried FENBENDAZOLE, which she got once a day for five days. Unfortunately, that didn't work either. Now she's getting Purina FortiFlora once a day with her food to make sure the natural bacteria in her intestine are healthy. After eight days on this, there has been no improvement. After talking to the vet today, we determined that it might be a food allergy, since we switched her from Royal Canin Kitten food (what she was getting at the breeder) to Nutro Indoor weight management. We switched her from the kitten food to the indoor food because she's 2 1/2 years old (so she doesn't need kitten food), and we share our house with our 4 year old cat that would get very chubby if he ate the kitten food, and even though they are fed separately, they always end up picking at the each others food. Our other cat doesn't have the diarrhea. She started eating the new food about a week before the diarrhea starts. So now we're going to switch back to the Royal Canin kitten food. Do you think this could be the reason for the diarrhea? It's been very bad and has been going on for more than a month. What do you think is going on with her? Does it sound like more than a food allergy, and if it's not a food allergy what could it be? The vet said if it's not that it's either IBS or we'll have to test her blood, urine, and fecal matter. She also has herpes in her eyes but we treat it with eye drops. Anyways, PLEASE HELP!! Also, wouldn't it be better to switch her back to the Royal Canin immediately since the Nutro is making her sick? I don't think it would be good to do a gradual switch since she hasn't been on the Nutro for too long, and I don't want to keep giving her food that she's having a bad reaction to. What do you think?

Our Sphyx cat may be allergic to cat food, what do you think?
I know, strange question, why would I do that. I have a cat and a 14 pound 13 year old Pomerainian and an 80 pound lab. My lab has huge allergy problems and is on a special diet. I had to put the Pom on the same food because they would keep eating out of each others bowls. And then for some reason, the palm decided she didn't want to eat the labs food any more. The morsels are kind of small but not as small as "small bites" dog food. I haven't bought my Pom her own bag of food in some time because she had been eating out of my labs dish already anyway but I've noticed, since I started putting the same food in her bowl as I put in my labs bowl, she's decided she doesn't want to eat it any more. I know the Pom is hungry but she's stubborn. I feel bad and didn't have anything small enough for her except Cat Food. And when I put it down for her, she ate it up. I don't know if it's because it's just different, or if it's small enough bites that it's easier for her to eat. She is old and her teeth are not the best. (she came here when my mother in law passed away and my father in law moved in with us. she's technically not my dog although I do everything for her)So, is it okay to feed a dog cat food? My father in law feeds this dog anything and everything from the table already so I know she's got a strong stomach for different foods but I don't know if the ingredients would be any different. I feed my cat Purina One dry food for indoor, older cats.

Is it okay to feed my dog cat food?
I recently switched her food to try and stop the scratching thinking that maybe she was allergic..... she was one whiskas, now she is on purina heathful life, doesn't anyone had any idea, what i can do, besides the vet, i don't have the money right now, anything over the counter, to stop the itching? i feel so bad for her, i don't get paid for another 1 week so that's why the vet is out atleast unitl then, also does anyone have any experaince with feline allergies? what kinda of bill can i expect so i can budget it in? Also, i know it's not ear mites, there is nothing in her ears at all! i checked when i cleaned them the other day! sorry, she is indoor only, but i still apply frotline once a month during the summerShe doesn't have fleas, or ear mites

My cat is scratching her ears and making bald spots on the backs of them....?
Last month, I brought my cat to the vet because he was scratching his ears and his whole body. The vet checked him out and the vet said that he has allergies from the food I bought him. I've already bought 5 different kinds of cat food(the more expensive ones like Purina One and some kind of food the vet recommended) and he still gets an allergic reaction. I even tried to give him non-bagged foods like tuna, cooked beef and chicken, but he gets worse. He's a very active cat and he's also very affectionate. I want to buy him the best food. Can someone give me some suggestions?