Litter Box Solutions




As the owner of three fully grown cats, I know from personal experience how taxing cats can be. Especially when you have more than one. Everyone always thinks that kittens are the most taxing. But the people that say that have not had to deal with three two year old tabby cats. As a breed, tabby cats are by far the most mischievous of all other cat breeds. With my cats, this means that they love to play in their litter box. And I don't mean play as in going to the bathroom. No, my cats seem to find great amusement in kicking litter out of their cat box and onto my freshly swept hardwood floor. But enough about my demon cats.

New time cat owners may not know exactly what to do with their cat boxes. Believe it or not, but there are certain 'rules' when it comes to dealing with cat boxes. One of the first and foremost of those rules is for multiple cats. If you have more than one cat, like I do, then you should have more than one litter box. I know, sounds expensive right? I can be yes, but if you have multiple cats, you shouldn't confine them to using only one litter box. Between my three cats, the litter box gets very full, very fast. So you should typically have one litter box per cat. This means that since I have three cats, I need three cat boxes. You should keep each of the litter boxes in an accessible place, so that the cats can get to them quickly and easily.

As for how much litter you should put in each box, you need to put in enough so that all of the kitty waste will be absorbed into the litter, and be able to form nice clumps that make the removal process that much easier. I myself use a litter that is made of corn, not clay, so it absorbs urine and sticks to cat feces a lot better. Corn litter also does not smell as bad as the clay litter does, and it clumps more easily.

Also, clean out your cat's box on a daily basis. This does not mean change the litter every day, but you should remove all of the clumps of waste every day. If you don't your cat will stop using the cat box and instead will opt to go to the bathroom on your bed. (I found this out the hard way)

Another great tip to keep in mind is that cat's do like their privacy when going to the bathroom, so a hooded litter box is a wise investment.

For more information about litter boxes, please take a look at cat litter boxes.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Dean_Anderson