My cat is eating my dogs aliment and my dog is eating my cats aliment?

Shirley

I don't understand why.Aboriginal my dog started eating my cats dry aliment.A hardly any days subsequent, all of a sudden my cat started eating my dogs dry aliment.They are around each others aliment! Is this accustomed? Should I stop them? Will they be ok provided they accumulate doing it?



Commerce

Provided they amuse into each other's aliment once in a while, it won't aching them, however cat aliment does not provide the proper nutrition for dogs and dog aliment does not provide the proper nutrition for cats.Not to mention that cat aliment is pretty expensive for your dog (who probably eats a abundance added than your cat) to be eating on a regular reason.Try feeding them separately.Provided your cat free of charge feeds, try putting its aliment somewhere the dog can't reach it (my cats are fed on their cat tower).



Republic

On case won't aching them however you really should stop it from occurring on a regular reason.Cats and dogs own altered nutritional needs and they won't be met provided you let this abide.Food them separately and don't free-feed - which method allowance aliment outside all the time.Accord them aloof as even as they will eat in one sitting and pick up anything remaining after 15 minutes.This feeding adjustment too prevents fat cats and dogs and problems with rodents and other pests attracted by pet aliment.



Lynchburg

Ha ha....My dad's iguana eats the cat's aliment.He's good.LOL No - really..well, I don't think it will accomplish any short-term damage, however I wouldn't recommend them reversing diets.I assume that cat aliment is formulated with special "cat" vitamins and minerals and whatever, and so is dog aliment.



Bloomington

Well I own 2 cats and a dog that accomplish this too.Dog aliment is designed for dogs (it has the vitamins/minerals/proteins that a dog needs) and cat aliment is designed for cats.But as continued as they are both eating their own aliment too and not aloof the other animal's aliment, I don't see a problem.My pets own been picking at each other's aliment for years and they are all healthy seniors any more.



Hollidaysburg

Cats and dogs charge specific amino acids that are contained alone in their specific aliment.Both your cat and your dog will suffer malnourishment provided they abide eating each other's aliment instead of their own.Forgot to mention, your dog will abound to resemble a butterball turkey eating alone cat aliment! Fatness is poor :)



Hamlet

iuts vbad for them to eat each others aliment



Raymer

It's OK every once in a while, however provided all your cat eats is dog aliment, it will activity blind! I don't understand approximately the dog eating the cat aliment, however the aboriginal person t return this seemed to understand set.Cooldog08~



Pierre

Dogs and cats own very altered nutritional needs, so it is ace to not let them eat each other's aliment.Provided possible, food them in altered rooms or at altered times.Remove any aliment not consumed within 30 mintues, rather than giving them free of charge access to the aliment during the time.Great luck with this!



Elberton

It can be harmful....the ingredients are altered and I had a vet once tell me that it can reason them to activity blind..so Id recommend putting cats aliment up outside of dogs reach and then feeding dog while cat is in other room.



cat food coupons