A Holistic Veterinarian May Offer Your Cat More In Every Way




Finding a holistic veterinarian for your cat can be hard. As a homeopath, I don't need one often as I treat any ailments that arise myself. But there are occasions when a vet is needed, such as for sterilisation, setting a broken bone or stitching up a large wound. This is the limit that I need a vet, because homeopathy is so far reaching.

I have searched high and low for one I could resonate with. I have tried a variety, travelling many kilometres to see what they are like. It's taken me years, but I have finally found one who fits the bill. He is a conventional vet, but he also uses homeopathy and Chinese medicine. He is very approachable, doesn't put himself on a pedestal, is open minded and I can talk to him easily.

This is such a refreshing change.

I will never leave an animal at a vet, I will never abandon them there. So for me, I need someone who allows me access to the animal immediately after surgery, so that I can get my homeopathic treatment started.

There is so much that needs to be done - pain of tissue damage, possible nerve damage, infection prevention, ailments from the anaesthetic, grief and resentment from loss of fertility, sudden cut off of hormones at the very least.

The sooner I can get started, the better the animal will recover. So many problems can arise in later life that are connected to veterinary treatment.

It was one of these problems that brought me to homeopathy. A cat who had suffered with eczema for many years, reacted unfavourably to the veterinary medications. Eventually I stopped the medications, feeling she would prefer the eczema.

When I finally consulted a holistic vet, or more accurately a homeopathic vet, he opened my eyes to this reality. He suggested that the cat's sterilisation was the cause of her eczema because it was done without her consent. She was resentful of this action, which was expressed as eczema. He sent me (this was a telephone consultation as we were in different areas) a homeopathic remedy which immediately cured the eczema.

This could only happen because it healed the resentment.

I dislike sterilising animals, but am at a loss for real alternatives. The best I can currently do is to understand that what I am doing is far from natural, far from healthy and that I need to understand how to undo the harm I inflict on them, as much as I can.

Appropriate homeopathic treatment does this so well.

Be mindful of what you are causing in your cat. Most ailments are man made. Most are diet related. If you feed your cat a quality, natural diet, your need for any vet will dramatically diminish, as their immune system will be so good.

Then you may only need a vet, preferably a holistic vet, for those once in a lifetime incidents such as sterilisation and serious accidents.

To discover more about a healthy diet and natural health care for your cat, click on the link below.