The Kitten That Found Me



Several years ago I had been undergoing several surgeries for joint problems. During one of my recovery periods my wife were sitting in the living room when we heard a faint "meow" outside of the patio door. We went to investigate and found a small kitten that had taken up residence in a cavity by the porch.

It was cold outdoors so we attempted to corral it and bring it in the house. Well the kitten managed to evade our capture that night. The next several days I would put out some food and milk and the kitten would sneak up and eat the food and lap up the milk. Finally one day I left the patio door ajar and the kitten came in and had ruled the house ever sense.

I have always been a dog person but after finding BooBoo my first cat I learned that I rather like having a cat. BooBoo is a jet black female short hair with a white spot on her chest and belly. For the most part she is a normal loving cat that on occasion will dart out the patio door to just roll around on the drive and grab a few nibbles of grass.

My wife and I liked having BooBoo so much that we got another female kitten from my brother about a year after finding BooBoo. Tiger is a Calico colored cat with thick fluffy hair. She has a distinctively different personality than BooBoo.

Tiger has always been more adventurous than BooBoo. When Tiger got to be about a year old she developed a fascination for climbing the curtains and walking across the curtain rod. She loved to do that and would get up there and just sit for a while then climb her way back down.

We have found that just as people are different so are cats. One loves to chase the laser pointer and the other could care less. Tiger likes to use the cat trees that we have bought and BooBoo prefers the top of the kitchen cabinets.

One thing that they both love is Catnip. I will get a towel and spread some out on it and the cats will just roll around in it and have a blast. My wife gets mad because it gets in their fur and thus gets spread throughout the house.

The Feline species are tender adventurous loving animals that would just love for you to stroke their back all day long. They are very animated and at times very funny. Especially when you are painting the living room and they jump up on the table where they normally do to only find a pan filled with red paint.

There was red paint all through the house and guess I should have been mad about the whole mess but watching BooBoo run around half crazy made me laugh so hard I thought I would have a stroke.

The other odd thing is that we also keep our dog Lucky in the house and he owns the king size chair in the living room. However he will not look the cats in their eyes. Even though he is probably 50 pounds heavier than BooBoo or Tiger he acts as though he was the smallest of the three.

Cats are one of God's special creatures and I will always treasure the two that I call my friends.