My cat food bag has a slit in it will it be okay to feed my cat with it?

Alise

I picked up some cat food yesterday and I didnt notice that there was a slit in it towards the bottom. No cat food spills out or anything, Im just wondering if it will be okay for her still?



Bryon

It will probably be okay, but I dont think I would want to feed it to my cat... do you still have the receipt? Take it back to the store.



Gabriel

No, bugs could have gotten in it. You shouldnt be feeding your cat dry food anyway. Let me guess that your cat probably has had some problem in the past related to urinary crystals or a urinary tract infection, or kidney problems, or diabetes, or has periodontal disease. I would guess she has suffered from at least one of these. Feed your cat high quality canned cat food if you must buy commercial. Anything you can buy at walmart or the grocery store is not high quality. Do some research on feeding cats a raw diet.



Bettie

There should be no problem with it. The only problem that might occur is that it has gotten stale, depending on how long it has been open. Some cats will not eat stale food because of how picky they are, some dont care at all.



Felicia

It will be okay, but it may be a little stale though.