When should i feed my kitten regular cat food?

Ellamae

I usually start feeding my kittens cat food when I bring them home. I just adopted a kitten from PetSmart and shes six months old. They said she was still eating kitten food and that cats usually eat kitten food until a year, which just hasnt been my experience. At six months, regular cat food should be OK, shouldnt it?



Dia

My cats refused point blank to eat kitten food and when i mentioned to my vet, she said, Well what did people give their kittens before kitten food was invented? So dont worry as long as your babe is healthy - on thing though, dont change his/her diet too quickly or s/he could get an upset stomach.



Mable

Well is there Kitten food? There is just plain cat foodon the back of the cat food it tells you a specific amount you should feed you cat or kitten depending on if its grownup or not