What is a good cat food to help him gain weight?

Deeann

My cat is pretty thin from hyperthyroidism and needs a cat food, both dry and moist to help put some weight on him. The vet gave him a liquid vitamin for twice per day, but I want to feed him a high quality food that hopefully does not contain added salt or fish (any seafood). I am hoping there is a food for very active cats available, so to give him extra calories.



Anglea

KITTEN foods are generally higher in calories because kittens need those calories while they are growing. If you need to add weight, then try the kitten formulas of dry/wet cat foods. Me… kittyslave23… I know my place.



Dortha

Good quality canned foods are EVO, Wellness, Wellness Core, Science Diet Kitten (not the others), Trader Joes cat food (I was surprised at this, but the protein level and ingredients are very good), and the Fancy Feast feasts without the gravies. You can also offer meat baby food, baked chicken without the coating or bones, and cooked pork WITHOUT using salt or pepper on it.



Racquel

I have researched this in depth since my poor dog died of kidney failure due to poor quality dog food!! Taste of the wild is a great puppy and dog food and has great cat foods as well..wet and dry!!! you can get it online and if you go to the website you can find stores near you.. they wont be at walmarts and the like... they are in feed stores.. Agway..tractor supply stores etc NO fillers….grains….corn….gluten or by-products ALL human grade food….fruits…veggies and probiotics!! check it out you wont regret it! http://www. tasteofthewildpetfood. com/ …6 out of 6 star rating around $42 for a 30 lb bag.... its the cheapest 6 star food.. and I love it for my puppy! Check this link as well! http://www. dogfoodanalysis. com/dog_food_…Orijen is great but it is $60 - $80 for a 30 lb bag…



Cari

You might want to try Fancy Feast canned or dry its high quality and my cats just eat it up but you might want to check if it has salt or not. I hope that helps.