What is a good cat food to feed a 4 year

Bernice

What is a good cat food to feed a 4 year old cat that is kind of chubby?



Amada

This is what my vet told me. However, I dont believe it at all. But I have a very large 20lb cat who obvioulsy needs to loose some pounds. I told the vet that I had been feeding my cats good food with very little fillers. He said, those are good, but if I want my cat to drop some weight to switch his food to a food with more filler. That way it will fill him up, but wont add as much weight.. I would really talk to your vet and he will be able to help you out.. I found that if I give my cat a can of wet food a day or every other day as a treat, he often eats less dry food, he has lost weight from this..



Nida

Get LIGHT food, and feed appropriately. I use the $$ brands, organic preferably, but just get fat kitty food. Get a wand and play with him, too.



Bell

Get a dry diet cat food, and dont give him table scraps. Be sure to limit the number of treats you give him too. You might also want to buy him some new toys to play with.



Danelle

There are several good reduced calories foods for cats. One is made by California Natural. However, for some reason, my overweight cat (I adopted him that way) vomits reduced calorie foods, so I feed him regular dry California Natural, just in smaller amounts, consistent with what he should weigh. I never put more in the bowl than he can eat in one sitting. Its important to have cats reduce weight slowly, rapid weight loss is bad for their health.



Britt

Canned food is best, like Felidae, Wellness, Innova Evo. Or feed 1/2 dry, 1/2 canned if you have to. High quality is the way to go, just reduce portion size if kitty is getting unhealthily overweight.



Natalya

Cat food is not really the issue its the amount you give them, 1 ounce of food about 2 to 3 times daily is good enough to maintain a cats normal healthy weight.



Jamee

1. A properly balanced raw meat diet.2. A good quality canned cat food. One that I believe is very good is By Nature Organics. They claim 150 calories per can! Also Natures Variety Instincts. (Also refer to the What to feed link for other suggestions.)The average cat can eat 20-30 calories per ideal body weight per day. So if your cats ideal weight is 8 pounds, she could eat 200 calories per day. Most good quality canned foods would be right around there, so you could feed a full can per day (6oz).Dont bother trying to feed any kind of dry food even if you cut back on portions. Dry food is crap! Poppy here used to weigh 25 pounds, and this is what I did to get her to lose weight.