What cat food can i feed my cat who has a chicken allergy?

Lyndsey

I believe my cat has a chicken allergy, she plucks the fur on her back near her tail, it can get very bad. Vet said it was a protien that she is allergic to. I have been to vets about this, so i know it is an allergy not anything else. I am pretty sure she is not allergic to fish, only almost every cat food i look at has "chicken mean" "chicken by-product" and other chicken stuff in it. I need something without ANY chicken. Help, any ideas are ideas i will look into.



Hobert

Alright, Im just getting my cat sorted out with a food allergy - only his is to fish. You are going to end up spending a bit of money on good cat food. But it is worth it to make sure your cat stays healthy. Here are the ones I have found that have other ingredients. Merrick http://www. merrickpetcare. com/store/cann… Coyboy Cookout, and a few other varieties of canned food. Evangers http://www. evangersdogfood. com/cat/super… Turkey Butternut squash, and Pheasant varieties... canned food, there may be others. Natures Variety Instinct http://www. naturesvariety. com/instinct_c… all varieties except for the chicken, have no chicken, canned food. Natural Balance http://www. naturalbalanceinc. com/catform… has both dry and canned varieties with no chicken. This is probably one of the more affordable ones. Hope this helps. Yeah, I did stand around for a long time in my local pet food store, reading ALL the ingredients lists for a zillion different brands and flavors. But if it can help your cat as well as mine, then the sore feet were worth it.



Javier

Try kangaroo meat. my cat loves it. also feed it dry food as well



Eduardo

You could investigate RAW, or you could investigate other flavours of food, wet or dry.



Madeline

Well, When your shopping for some cat food, make sure you read the ingredients properly so your cat doesnt have a reaction when she eats it. Some dry foods only have fish in it, and not Chicken. Off the top of my head, I cant think of a wet food without it. Im sorry I couldnt help much!



Carli

You can find pet foods without any chicken products at most Pet Shops. My dog, Austin, is allergic to corn, chicken and dairy. I was able to find what he needed. I had a cat with FUS and was told to feed him a Rabbit and Peas food. From his research my Vet believes FUS is caused from Food Allergies, especially chicken. Here is one Product:http://www. canidae. com/cats/grain-free-cat-food-with-salmon/dry.