How do you wash your cats food and water dishes?

Jed

I have a separate dish brush that I use for scrubbing the "grease" from the cat food off the dishes (ceramic). I wash them daily with at least hot water but every few days I use a bit of dish soap, is this ok? How do you wash yours, and how often? Thanks!



Diane

What youre doing is perfectly fine, as long as all the soap is rinsed off =) I wash my cats dishes in the dish washer. Their dry food bowls are washed atleast twice per week, water bowls are rinsed everyday and washed atleast twice per week, and their bowls for wet food are washed after one use.



Madeline

Well you wash your dishes with soap and water, does that hurt you? Yeah its totally fine just make sure you rinse, wash, rinse, make sure you got all the soap off and dry.



Beula

Every day for the wet-food bowl and every other day or so for the dry food and water dish. I clean them in the washing up bowl with the other washing up. I do take care to rinse them properly before re-filling them.



Selena

About once a week in the dishwasher. They werent intended as cat food/water dishes...just some bowls from Target that we liked, and theyre made of glass. We got some plastic ones when we got our second cat, and after a few months we noticed mold growing in the bottom of the water dish, so we threw them both away.



Berta

I work at a Cat Hospital and we do multiple loads of dishes every day. We have 10+ clinic cats that live at our clinic as well all of the cats being hospitalized or boarding. We fill up our sink with hot water (we put in a plentiful amount of dishsoap and about 3 or 4 tbs of bleach. (But we fill up a huge basin sink so you would use less). We then let them soak for about 5-10 minutes. We scrub them off and dry them. Good as new! Best wishes cleaning!



Florinda

I wash the food bowls out with mild detergent every day and change the water about every three days and wipe the bowl.



Aubrey

You are correct, the soap will not hurt your cats as long as it is completely rinsed out. It is good that you are using hot water and doing it every few days :0)



Codi

The cat bowls at our house get washed every few days. After all the human dishes (lol) are done, theirs get done in the same dishwater. We dont really have a special method for it. They only get dry food in their bowls only one will even eat canned food which gets put on a small plate gets washed every night the same way as mentioned above.



Eldon

You cant put it in the dish washer, or you could wash it but u need to make shure you get all the soar out of it or he/she can get sick!!!(and espesially the water dish!!!!!) :)!!! good luck!!



Dave

I also use ceramic/porcelin. I often get used missmatched dishes from the Goodwill. I just pop them into the diswasher once a week. Otherwise as long as they are not plastic and you rinse them well using soap every time that you wash them is fine.



Annabell

Im weird i guess. I just wash it out with my hands and cool water and only when i see grime build up in the water bowl. The food dish? I RARELY wash. btw i have plastic containers..cheap and easy. My cats can care less. Of course i bedazzle them with the collars.. and spoil them rotten with toys.. but that is another story.



Coralie

I wash my cats food and water bowls when ever it needs cleaning. I wash the cats food and water bowl with hot water and soap.



Adalberto

I wash it maybe everyday. I just put it in the dish washer and it comes out sparkling clean! What you are doing is fine dont worry to much about it.