Can the mercury levels in cat food cause tumors in cats?

Mao

Ive heard that there is mercury in wet canned cat food. Is this true? If a cat is fed one can of cat food a day, will the mercury levels be enough to cause tumors and such?



Elliot

Thats why I try to stay away from cat food that has fish in it. I certainly wouldnt feed any human tuna to my cats because of that risk. Tuna is a very large species of fish and one of the top of the fish food chain so they have eaten a lot of smaller fish in their lives and mercury contamination becomes more concentrated in their tissues and organs.



Londa

I think the mercury is coming from the fish in the food. The cans are aluminum or tin (or is it steel?).



Corliss

Thats why I feed a raw diet to my kitties.



Louann

I wouldnt worry about that