How do i get the burnt cat food smell out of my oven?



So you ask, "How did cat food get into your oven"? The short story is that a mouse decided to take up residence in the insulation in the bottom of my oven. (Goes to show how much cooking I do) Naturally he needed to eat and apparantly liked the brand of cat food we were buying. Now I understand why the cat was starving each morning. I fired up the oven on 2 separate occasions, once to cook and once to run the self-cleaning cycle only to have my house fill up with smoke -- I even got a short flame in the oven, yikes! We were puzzled bec. there was no evidence in the main compartment of the oven indicating a source of the smoke or flame. It wasnt until my husband took apart the bottom of the oven that we found our fury friends provisioned, bachelor (or bachelorette) pad. Let me tell you, refried catfood is one nasty smell. I was thinking of using baking powder and vinegar to scrub the inside of the oven but wanted to check with all of you first. Thanks for your suggestion