Is she getting all the nutrients she needs from dry cat food alone?

Lasonya

My cat will only eat dry cat food. She wont touch canned cat food or people food. Is she getting all the nutrients she needs from dry cat food alone? If not, how can I get her to try something new?



Elvin

If this is a high grade food she may be getting all the nutrients, but nutrients alone is not what makes a healthy diet. My cat used to be the same, and I decided to test it. She refused it until I made it the ONLY option (closed her into the house for this so she had no chance of getting any food elsewhere). She started eating wet food, little by little. Now she gets wet in the morning and evening, and kibbles thorugh the day to nibble on. I cannot tell you what a difference it makes - to everything about her, shes more loving and her coat is in even better condition than it was. Now, one factor that I was worried about is urinary crystals, I want to avoid that for all I am worth, and by giving dry food youre increasing the chances of that every day. So she can hate me for it all she likes, but wet food now is part of her diet, and there has not been one crystal.



Aubrey

Yes. Dry food is formulated to include everything she needs. My little freakazoid wont eat anything but dry either, and it has to be flat and round kibble (like coco pebbles shaped).



Blanch

I have a ten year old cat and she too will not eat wet food, only dry. She is very healthy. You shouldnt worry. Take care;



Claudine





Cristal





Bula





Haley





Bo





Fonda





Bettye





Tiffaney





Shayna





Brandon